Tuesday 24 July 2012

When Bowyn gets a cold

So my adoption process is far from over; after getting Bowyn home it slowly became more apparent that he was suffering from some kind of cold or upper respiratory infection. What started out as a few cute little sneezes morphed into nasal and ocular (eye) discharge, coughing and terrible congestion.

After calling up people I know and the rescue I started Bowyn on an L-Lysine supplement with his wet food to beef up his little immune system and started giving him steam baths last night. Let me tell you, the way he carried on you'd think I was slowly stabbing him with a pen knife.

He seemed to perk up a bit last night, but I still figured a vet trip is in his cards. So called up my local vet last night and booked little Bo for his first vet appointment after work today! Yay...

Will keep you updated as I know what's going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment