Wednesday 18 July 2012

First adoption snag


Hit my first snag in the adoption process today.

After being approved last night I contacted BJ’s (who was my final decision) foster family in order to make arrangements to meet and adopt him. His foster family immediately told me that they were concerned that he would not do well in a situation with only one cat living in the home and told me that they really didn’t want to adopt him to me for that reason.

So we chatted and they offered me a little female kitten who tends to just stay to herself which isn’t what I’m looking for at all. So after getting in touch and telling them that I would call them next week to still potentially see this cat I’ve also re-contacted the rescue place.

Not going to lie I’m a little bit upset about this. It’s been a process that’s been going on for a little while and I had gotten really excited after being told that I was approved for adoption. I’m also a little bit frustrated that the foster families are allowed to decline you after you’ve been pre-screened through a screening process afterwards. I realize that it’s hard for a foster family not to develop feelings for an animal they’re caring for, but I don’t think they should be allowed into the approval process after the approval process is complete.

I think right now I’m just frustrated but before was largely mad because in my logic is I’m an approved home and this is a kitten who needs a family, why can’t I be his family?



Will let you guys know how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment