Monday 13 August 2012

My unhealthy addiction

I'm addicted. 
It's become this unhealthy addiction that is starting to single handed-ly rule my life. 

It's coffee. 
That sweet liquid of caffeinated heaven that has the power to make everything in the world seem like rainbows, puppies and kittens. 

I start my day in this drunken-like stupor, stumbling around the apartment trying to figure where in sam-hell I left my pants or bra while dodging a kitten who has decided that this is the time he wants to be cuddly. This is punctuated by the stubbing of toes or hollering at the cat who is eating the plant-again-even-though-we-discussed-this-and-the-fern-is-not-food-and-I-will-get-your-breakfast-in-a-second-just-let-me-find-my-work-pass-which-is-in-the-fridge-again-for-some-reason...

Normally I wait until I get to work to have my coffee, so my morning routine is simple:

  • Up
  • Get dressed
  • Take off backwards shirt, but back on right way
  • Feed cat
  • Feed fish
  • Feed cat- shit already did that
  • Feed guinea pigs who have started a poop hucking anarchist movement by now
  • Lock cat in bedroom so he doesn't eat my plant
  • Leave
  • Remember keys
  • Leave again.
  • Work
  • Coffee coffee coffee coffee
Some people say, coffee really can't effect you that much (liars- all of ya,) but that is not so. This morning I started off my day changing it up with a chai tea latte, cause I was feeling le fancy. Instead of feeling like this:
 I feel like this:



I've been told I rock denim..I don't know

As soon as that not-so-sweet fake nectar of the gods hit my system my brain did a double take realizing this was not a double double..

This was not what my brain and I discussed was the plan. Yogurt and chai tea lattes are not what fuel Kaileigh's for the day- little known fact.
Also little known fact, if you quit coffee cold turkey after drinking it every day you are plagued by these wonderful little migraines that are comparable to a mariachi band doing a jig on your eyeballs with jacks.

This has to be healthy......


UPDATE:


:D :D :D




***Illustrated photos are copyright to Allie Brosh of Hyperbole and a Half on blogspot (which you need to check out) http://www.hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.ca/ 

*** Cat photo is registered and copyrighted to "Beauty in Everything"
http://beautyineverything.com/people/lpSkp6GVo5a4uKWe

***The Tims photo is mine

No comments:

Post a Comment